Nope! Doqtorific aims to be more simple and easy way to hire. Our digital platform helps save you substantial time by eliminating all paperwork, phone calls, and faxes related to filling a locum job — all of which is standard when working with traditional locum job agencies. We securely store and manage the documentation of our locum doctors via the platform. As a soon as a locum job is applied for by one of our locum doctors, we will pass over every essential document as required by the NSW Ministry of Health. With Doqtorific we aim to eliminate the back and forth that currently occurs between traditional locum agencies and hospitals.
Yes. Doqtorific offers complimentary background and screening for candidates and automates the credentialing process. Our screening process is detailed and includes:
- referee checks appropriate to the position.
- registereed with the Medical Board of Australia
- holds appropriate visa to work in Australia
- undergone a 100 point identity check
- completed an Employment Health Assessment
- passes the Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- a National Criminal Record Check
- medical screening and vaccination as per hospital policies
On Doqtorific, it’s free to post all types of locum jobs for doctors. Doqtorific is always building an extensive database of engaged locum doctors of all specialty types spread throughout Australia. Our locum doctors are actively looking for locum job opportunities so all roles are welcome.
Doqtorific is a free platform for hospitals and private practices. You only pay us when you hire doctors and they complete their medical shift. This means you get:
- Free and unlimited locum job posting
- Free access to our locum doctor database
No. We take your privacy very seriously. Only Doqtorific verified employers will be able to see your information. Additionally they can only access your profile and screening documentation when you accept a locum job or give them permission. Again all managed via the locum job platform.
Nope. That is the beauty of Doqtorific. Register with us once, supplying all required documentation and we share it with hospitals as you accept locum jobs. In very rare cases we may ask you to sign more documents and even those will be done online via our locum app.
Pay rates are given for each Doqtorific locum job upon login, and are usually negotiable with hospitals, depending on the urgency of the shift. Generally locum medical professionals can expect to make 30-50% more than a permanent position. For regional locum jobs travel, accommodation and car hire is also covered by the hospital.
Nope. Doqtorific is is all about independence. Work as much or as little as you like.
Doctors accept locum jobs for many reasons , including:
- Supplemental Income — earn extra, premium income on the side.
- Freedom and Flexibility — work wherever and whenever you want
- Travel and Experience — learn from different practices across the nation
- Life Changes — work around your family, retirement or study needs.
- Aid to Underserved — help those in need in understaffed rural areas or city hospitals with immediate needs.
Doqtorific is an app where you can find locum jobs for free. We are different because we are the first platform to automate and digitise the locum recruitment process. We keep the process transparent and simple allowing you to directly accept locum jobs with medical facilities, instead of third-party locum agencies.
Public hospitals will generally pay your via their payroll system. You become an employee of that hospital and therefore are entitled to benefits such as superannuation and salary packing. Private practices generally allow you to invoice them as a contractor, if you are registered with and ABN. For private practices all your payments are directly deposited into your bank account. Everything is electronic and automated with Doqtorific.
Some of the documents and items that you should be prepared to have on hand include:
- Updated CV
- Medical Degree and Postgraduate Qualifications
- Passport and/or Work Visa
- Immunisation Records
- Referee Details
- Bank Account Details and Tax File Number
- Medical Registration
- Other ID Documents
Though we don't like using the word, Doqtorific is a registered "locum agency" and is listed on the NSW Health Register. We are compliant with the NSW Health Standards and Conditions for the Provision of Locum Medical Officers to NSW public health organisations and has been certified by a JAS-ANZ-accredited auditor. We position locum doctors for locum jobs within the NSW health system and therefore require the following criteria to be met as a minimum.
- You will need to have appropriate registration with AHPRA (Medical Board of Australia)
- You will need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident to be able to work locum jobs without any immigration restrictions.
- some locum jobs may require you to apply for a Provider Number with Medicare. In many cases this is as simple as adding another location to your current Provider Number. Often a Prescriber Number is also required. Doqtorific can sort both of these for you.
- It is highly recommended that you speak to your medical indemnity insurance provider to ensure that you will be covered regardless of the situation.
A locum doctor is a doctor who works in the place of the regular doctor when that doctor is absent, or when a hospital/practice is short-staffed. These vacancies are called locum jobs. Due to Australia’s large land area and relatively small population, many regional hospitals rely on locum doctors to full-fill there short term staffing needs.